Honda CRV 2012-2017 Boot Liner Fitting Instructions
Our ref: H0549
Photo shows a Rear Plus WITH Seat Split version
- 2500mm cut length of 30mm wide loop fastener
- Minimum of 8 self-adhesive loop fastener tabs
REAR DOOR COVER
- Minimum of 19 self-adhesive loop fastener tabs
- Remove the load cover cassette; it may be replaced later.
- Unfold the Hatchbag and place in the vehicle so that the base fits snugly in position. The panel with the Hatchbag label sits against the back of the rear seat
VERY IMPORTANT PREPARATION
To ensure a good bond, when using the self-adhesive hook & loop fasteners to attach the Bootliner to the plastic / metal trim (Not the carpet); it is most important to remove silicone film from the vehicle trim. Silicone is applied during manufacture and can also be found in many valeting products. It is highly likely there will be a build-up of silicone. Before applying any selfadhesive fastener pads, the surface MUST be thoroughly cleaned using a silicone remover. (The fasteners cannot be used once it has been in contact with silicone). We recommend "Intensive Tar Remover” made by AutoGlym and available from Halfords. Wipe off thoroughly any residue with a separate clean dry cloth. Unfortunately we are unable to supply this product, as it cannot be transported via our postal carrier.
NOTE: the adhesive takes 24hrs to reach full adhesion – do not disturb during.
- Position the base of the liner snugly into place.
- Hook fastener welds attach directly to the carpet.
- Hook & loop fastener straps align to headrests.
- Pass around each post and fasten close back onto themselves.
REAR PLUS VERSIONS
- YOU MUST UNFASTEN THE HOOK & LOOP FASTENER + THE HEADREST STRAPS BEFORE YOU FOLD THE REAR SEAT UPPERS Please refer to REAR PLUS options on website to see detailed photo’s
“Easy fold-down” rear seatback.
The handles in the load area are covered by the Boot liner.
Only a gentle pull on these handles is required to operate the auto-folding. You can access the handles, (once you have unfastened the headrest straps) by peeling the rear corners away from the fastener, but they won’t be exposed for your dogs roving paws!!!!!
Please note: Photos are non specific to your vehicle
- Carefully position the side panels snugly into place. Use both the small tabs and long length of the self-adhesive loop fasteners to attach the side to the plastic trim.
- Carefully position the back panel snugly into place. Use the remaining length of self-adhesive loop fastener to attach the back to the plastic trim.
- Pull back the rubber seal so that you can attach the full width of the fastener. You will need to snip the fastener strip to get it to lie flat.
- The bound edge of the liner can be tucked under the rubber seal when fastening to the hook fastener.
- Use the self-adhesive loop fastener tabs to attach the cover to the plastic trim.
- The Seat flap is designed to protect the top of your rear seat giving additional protection from drooling dogs etc.
- The Seat Flap can also be used in conjunction with the Rear Plus Option(s). With the rear seats in the folded position the Seat Flap extends the coverage over any exposed section of the seat backs and the headrests
- Attach the Seat Flap to the loop fastener strip that has been manufactured into the Boot Liner just below the top of the rear seats.
- The flap is then placed over the rear head rests and down the back of the passenger seats.
- If the Seat Flap sits over large headrests and obstructs your rear view: carefully create openings in the flap to accommodate the headrest posts.
- Attach the Bumper Flap to the loop fastener strip that has been manufactured into the base of the boot liner.
- The Bumper Flap either folds into the vehicle OR can be detached and stored elsewhere when you close the tailgate.
- Please note that the edges of the fabric are not bound so that any mud, dirt or water can run off.
BOOT LINER EXTENSION
The “Boot Liner Extension” offers additional protection when the rear seats are folded by extending coverage to the Driver & Front passenger seats.
- The Boot Liner Extension is designed to attach to a Rear Plus version liner.
- It offers additional protection to the back of the front seats and the extended floor area when the rear seats are folded flat. The max width is 148cm (see photo on left). It will offer no protection to the rear doors
PLEASE REQUEST FURTHER INFORMATION AS YOU PLACE YOUR ORDER (This item cannot be added at a later date)