Audi A6 Avant 2011 Boot Liner Fitting Instructions
Our ref: H0536
Read offline: Download PDF
PHOTO: Rear plus with seat split – prepared for bumper
- 2 X REF:121 plastic/fastener tab
- 3 X REF:131 cut at 120mm long
- 4 X REF:132 narrow fastener tab
- Minimum of 17 self-adhesive loop fastener tabs
VERY IMPORTANT PREPARATION
To ensure a good bond, when using the self-adhesive fasteners to attach the Bootliner to the plastic / metal trim (Not the carpet); it is most important to remove silicone film from the vehicle trim. Silicone is applied during manufacture and can also be found in many valeting products. It is highly likely there will be a build-up of silicone. Before applying any self-adhesive fastener pads, the surface MUST be thoroughly cleaned using a silicone remover. (The fasteners cannot be used once it has been in contact with silicone). We recommend "Intensive Tar Remover” made by AutoGlym and available from Halfords. Wipe off thoroughly any residue with a separate clean dry cloth. Unfortunately we are unable to supply this product, as it cannot be transported via our postal carrier. NOTE: the adhesive takes 24hrs to reach full adhesion – do not disturb during.
- Remove the load cover cassette, it can be replaced later.
- The Safety Net Cassette can remain in place.
- Unlock and recline rear seats.
- Place liner into car and unfold.
Please note these photos are non-specific to your car
- Position base of liner snugly into place
- Start at tailgate end.
- Locate the three short lengths of hook fastener sewn to the reverse face of the base panel.
- Lift up the false floor panel, to expose all of the metal tailgate plate.
- Photo A
Lift up the false floor. Attach the three ref: 131 loop fastener tabs to metal face of the tailgate plate. The self-adhesive loop fastener section attaches to
- Photo B
The tabs will protrude out of the floor panel when its replaced allowing the liner to be fasten closed to them.
- Photo C
Attach the two hooks to the rear sear locking loop.
- Photo D
Please note this photo is non-specific to your car Push the two foam tabs down into the void between the rear seat and the boot floor. Re-lock the rear seat uppers, trapping the base foam tabs securely, and ensuring the front panel is upright with its top edge sitting flush with the top of the seats.
- Hook & loop fastener straps align to headrests.
- Pass around each post and fasten back onto themselves.
REAR PLUS VERSIONS
You must unfasten the hook & loop fasteners + the headrest straps before you recline the rear seat uppers (‘Please refer to REAR PLUS options on website to see detailed photo’)
- Photo E
Unlock the two access panels in the sides of the car. The offside panel has a button that needs to be turned to unlock / lock. The lengths of elastic sewn onto the reverse face of the liner sides pass over the panel doors and sit almost midway down.
- Photo F
Stick the four 132 fastener tabs to the inner side of these panels, in line with the welds on the back face of the liner. The liner fastener closes to the protruding section of these tabs when panels are replaced.
- Photo G
Pass the bungee loop over the corresponding hook.
- Photo H
2 x Ref 121 tabs.
Locate the two hook fastener welds at the tailgate end of the sides. Pull back the rubber seal on the door aperture to reveal the edge of the carpeted panel. Slide the plastic section of the clip under this.
Reposition to align with fastener welds, and fasten close.
- Photo I
Feed the black taped edge behind the rubber seal.
Please note the following photos are non-specific to your vehicle
- Use the self-adhesive loop fastener tabs to attach the cover to the plastic trim.
- Fit Bootliner
- Attach the Bumper Flap to the loop fastener strip that has been manufactured into the base of the boot liner.
- The Bumper Flap either folds into the vehicle OR can be detached and stored elsewhere when you close the tailgate.
- Please note that the edges of the fabric are not bound so that any mud, dirt or water can run off.
- The Seat flap is designed to protect the top of your rear seat giving additional protection from drooling dogs etc.
- The Seat Flap can also be used in conjunction with the Rear Plus Option(s). With the rear seats in the folded position the Seat Flap extends the coverage over any exposed section of the seat backs and the headrests
- Attach the Seat Flap to the loop fastener strip that has been manufactured into the Boot Liner just below the top of the rear seats.
- The flap is then placed over the rear head rests and down the back of the passenger seats.
- If the Seat Flap sits over large headrests and obstructs your rear view: carefully create openings in the flap