Audi Q5 2016 Onwards Boot Liner Fitting Instructions
Our ref: H0652-SHI
Read offline: Download PDF
VERY IMPORTANT PREPARATION
To ensure the self-adhesive hook & loop fastener stick to the plastic trim, you MUST CLEAN the plastic from grime and REMOVE all the SILICONE applied during manufacture and valeting.
To do this please:
- Use a silicone remover, such as ‘Auto-Glym Intensive Tar Remover’ and apply generously to the surface you want to adhere to.
- Using a separate clean & dry cloth, thoroughly dry the surface until the cloth starts to drag. Attach 1 self-adhesive fastener tab to see if it sticks. (Repeat step 1 to 2 if necessary) A couple of spares have been provided.
- Attach the self-adhesive fasteners and let them fully adhere over the next 24 hours for the best bond.
*The self-adhesive fasteners cannot be used once it has been in contact with silicone. Replacement kits are available from our website.
- Remove the load cover. It may be replaced later.
Photo A: Place the boot liner into the car boot with the Hatchbag logo at the seat end. Flatten the base so it fits snugly against the edges. The hook fasteners welded to the reverse face fix directly to the carpet.
- -PLUS / SPLIT VERSION ONLY- Photo B: Fasten the hook & loop fasteners between the side panels and the seat panel.
- Photo C: Starting with the middle headrest, fasten the hook & loop fastener straps around both headrest posts. Make sure to hold the front part of the base in position as not to pull the boot liner too far up. Repeat the procedure with the left and right headrests.
REAR PLUS VERSIONS
You MUST unfasten the hook & loop fasteners + the headrest straps before you recline the rear seat uppers. Please refer to REAR PLUS/SPLIT options on website to see detailed photo.
- Photo D: Stick the 440mm loop fastener strip onto the chrome located on both sides of the lock at the tailgate end of the boot. Fasten the boot liner to it using the hook fastener welded onto it.
- Photos E & F: Position the recess sections of the sides so they fit snugly into place. The hook fastener welded onto the reverse face of the boot liner will attach directly to the carpet.
- Photos G & H: Fasten the hook fastener sewn onto the top edge of the boot liner sides directly onto the carpet along the top edge of the carpeted boot sides.
Please note: the following photos are non-specific to your vehicle
- The Seat flap is designed to protect the top of your rear seat giving additional protection from drooling dogs etc.
- Photo I: The Seat Flap can also be used in conjunction with the Rear Plus or Split option(s). With the rear seats in the folded position the Seat Flap extends the coverage forward.
- Lower the headrests.
- Photo J: Attach the Seat Flap to the loop fastener strip that has been manufactured into the boot liner just below the top of the rear seats.
- Photo K: The flap is then placed over the rear head rests and down the back of the passenger seats.
- If the Seat Flap sits over large headrests and obstructs your rear view: carefully create openings in the flap to accommodate the headrest posts.
- Photo L: Line up the tailgate cover with the tailgate and clean the areas here the self-adhesive loop fastener tabs will be stuck.
- Use the self-adhesive loop fastener tabs to attach the cover to the plastic trim.
- Fit boot liner.
- Photo M: Attach the Bumper Flap to the loop fastener strip that has been manufactured into the base of the boot liner.
- The Bumper Flap either folds into the vehicle OR can be detached and stored elsewhere when you close the tailgate.
The “Floor extension” offers superior protection to the rear seats when purchased in conjunction with a REAR PLUS option (Photo N).
- The Floor extension is designed to attach to a Rear Plus version liner.
- It offers additional protection to the back of the front seats and the extended floor area when the rear seats are folded flat.
- The max width is 148cm (see photo on left).
- It will offer no protection to the rear doors.
FREQUENT USE KIT
- Photos O & P: If you frequently remove/fit your boot liner from/to your vehicle please note that the carpet will “fluff” up – we have an alternative “Frequent Use Fitting Kit”.
The Frequent Use Kit is available to buy from our “on-line” Factory Shop – simply add it to your order from the Factory Shop. These can also be ordered at a later date.