Jaguar Xf Sportbrake 2012 onwards Boot Liner Fitting Instructions
Our ref: H0573
Please Note: This is a Rear Plus version Boot Liner prepared for an additional Bumper Flap
- 4 ref 121 (plastic/ loop fastener tab)
- 1600mm cut length of 30mm self-adhesive loop fastener
- Minimum of 10 self-adhesive loop fastener tabs
Rear door cover
- Minimum of 12 self-adhesive loop fastener tabs
VERY IMPORTANT PREPARATION
To ensure a good bond, when using the self-adhesive hook & loop fasteners to attach the Bootliner to the plastic / metal trim (Not the carpet); it is most important to remove silicone film from the vehicle trim. Silicone is applied during manufacture and can also be found in many valeting products. It is highly likely there will be a build-up of silicone. Before applying any selfadhesive fastener pads, the surface MUST be thoroughly cleaned using a silicone remover. (The fasteners cannot be used once it has been in contact with silicone). We recommend "Intensive Tar Remover” made by AutoGlym and available from Halfords. Wipe off thoroughly any residue with a separate clean dry cloth. Unfortunately we are unable to supply this product, as it cannot be transported via our postal carrier.
NOTE: the adhesive takes 24hrs to reach full adhesion – do not disturb during.
- Remove the parcel shelf, it can be replaced later. Unlock the rear seats and fold flat.
- You will need a pair of scissors and a spoon
Please note: some photos are non specific to your vehicle.
- Place the liner into the car and fit the base snuggly into place.
- Use the self-adhesive loop fastener tabs to attach the tailgate end to the chrome trim
- Ensure the base it sitting straight and not skewed before you…
- Push the two foam tabs down into the void between the rear seat and the boot floor.
- Re-lock the rear seat uppers.
- Hook & loop fastener straps align to headrests.
- Pass around each post and fasten back onto themselves.
NOTE: REAR PLUS / SPLIT VERSIONS
YOU MUST UNFASTEN THE HOOK & LOOP FASTENER STRAPS BEFORE YOU RECLINE THE REAR SEAT UPPERS (‘Please refer to REAR PLUS options on website to see detailed photo’)
- Carefully position the side panels snugly into place.
- The bound cut-outs correspond with the interior lights.
- Use the 30mm wide self-adhesive loop fastener to attach the side to the plastic trim.
- Locate where the two sets of hook fastener welds are on the ends of the side panels. The ref: 121 plastic/loop fastener tabs once fitted will fasten to these.
Fitting the ref: 121 tabs
- Hold back the rubber seal on the door aperture.
- You may find it helps if you carefully feed the spoon handle into the exposed void behind the carpeted panel to increase the void.
- Push the plastic section of the ref; 121tab into this void.
- Reposition to align with the hook fastener welds on the Liner.
- Fasten hook & loop fastener.
- Fit boot liner
- Attach the Bumper Flap to the loop fastener strip that has been manufactured into the base of the boot liner.
- The Bumper Flap either folds into the vehicle OR can be detached and stored elsewhere when you close the tailgate.
- Please note that the edges of the fabric are not bound so that any mud, dirt or water can run off.
- The Seat flap is designed to protect the top of your rear seat giving additional protection from drooling dogs etc.
- The Seat Flap can also be used in conjunction with the Rear Plus Option(s). With the rear seats in the folded position the Seat Flap extends the coverage over any exposed section of the seat backs and the headrests
- Attach the Seat Flap to the loop fastener strip that has been manufactured into the Boot Liner just below the top of the rear seats.
- The flap is then placed over the rear head rests and down the back of the passenger seats.
- If the Seat Flap sits over large headrests and obstructs your rear view: carefully create openings in the flap to accommodate the headrest posts.
- Be aware the Seat flap may cover your rear seat belts, so please ensure they do not obstruct them if in use
- Use the self-adhesive loop fastener tabs to attach the cover to the plastic trim.
- The four hook & loop fastener straps pass behind and then over the door handles to fasten back onto the cover.